Tuesday, December 19, 2006

POP OF THE DAY: Jones Cream Soda

Category: Cream Soda
Ratings (out of 5)
Taste: 3
Fizziness Factor: 3
Bottle/Can Design: 4
Availability: 4

Okay, so it took me a while to get over the All-Soda Thanksgiving Dinner, but now, 'tis the season for redemption. People the world over are gearing up to celebrate the birth of Jesus, Rocky Balboa is back in a cinema near you, Miss USA got a Get Out of Underage Drinking Free card, and I've let Jones Soda back into my life despite the fact that I still tremble a little when I think about turkey soda.

Unlike that abomination against carbonation, Jones Cream Soda tastes like something clearly definable: cotton candy dribbled with vanilla extract. Is that good or bad? It was good for the first six ounces or so, but after that the sweetness became overwhelming. I did like the fact that the photos on the bottles were taken by Starbucks employees. Mine had a simple black-and-white portrait of a baby, which I'm taking as a harbinger of the rebirth of my love for soda. (Total Score 14/20)

Suggested Food Pairings: A hot dog and fries

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1xbet korean - Legalbet.co.KR
The official website of the one-on-one sports betting company, 1xbet, provides comprehensive and easy to use betting 1xbet kz information and is updated daily.